Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Nate's Trip and the Baby Shower

Nate had the oppportunity to go to the Dominican Republic with the National Guard for two weeks to build some health clinics. He said it was a very humbling experience that made him realize how much we have. Their group was the last to go, so they finished up the clinics and then packed up the base and got everything ready to ship back to Utah.


Some Haitians lived across the street from their worksite. The Haitians come to the Dominican to work in the banana fields. Thirty people lived in this little house.



He is still talking about his trip! I'm glad he had a good experience, but I am even more glad to have him home! We have been apart too much lately!

We had the baby shower while Nate was still gone. Emerie is spoiled rotten already! She might not even be able to wear all the clothes she got before she grows out of them. I had so much fun at the shower! I have so many amazing women in my life! Thanks Mom and all my family who helped!







1 comment:

  1. Nate's Trip and the Baby Shower were just adorable. I am so pleased that you shared this wonderful post here. My friend just adapted a baby and I think we should host a shower for her. I would like to host tea party for her at some domestic garden San Francisco venues.

    ReplyDelete